Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Well, this is my first post! To be honest, I have no idea what I am doing here in this whole blog world. What I do know is that I have a message that I need to share. When I was 27 years old, I was told that I would be deaf by the time I was 40. I pretty much ignored these words. The years that followed were busy. Big career, moved to Manhattan, traveled, married and had my one and only child, Gracie. What a blessed life. But, it was happening...and I knew it. Slowly, my world was quieting, growing softer.

Those first days when I knew that everything was changing, they were dark days. I can tell you that I watched many re-runs of Law and Order. I could no longer hold down the career, the phone was virtually impossible. I was sad and the isolation was terrible.

Sitting out on my back porch one day, I looked around at all the beautiful sounds. It was raining that day, a soft slow sprinkle of rain. A few birds were making a nest in the eaves and my dog was panting at my feet. And I couldn't hear any of it. My world was very silent.

I believe that life brings "stuff" and we are supposed to learn something. Well, at that moment I prayed. I asked God to help me find the lesson and bring something good out of all of it.

That is what this blog will be about. I won't change the world, but perhaps, someone will listen. I'll write more tomorrow...

marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment