Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Let's back up a bit. Seems like this blog is getting a bit heavy. So, this post, is going to explore a bit of humor in the life of being hearing impaired.

I am walking down the sidewalk on the upper west side in Manhattan. I'm with a good friend and we are having a talk. Now, when you lipread, you have to look at the person, or you aren't going to have much of a conversation. Wendy is talking to me and as I walk down the busy sidewalk, I am looking at her face. "click, click, click". All the sudden, Wendy grabs me and saves me from having my legs entangled in the white cane of the blind person heading straight into my path.

People look at us in disgust as we are leaning against the wall of Zabars, we are laughing so hard. They think we are laughing at the blind lady, trying to navigate her way through the crowds. Little do they know.

Gut busting laughs will save us from taking ourselves too seriously.

I'll write more tomorrow.
marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment